Never too old for...

by ErikaElynCreations on Wednesday, March 30, 2011

As I find myself these days with lots of down time on my hands, I have drove into my ever growing book list in hopes of making a dent. I've probably read more book the past 2 months than I've read in the past 2 years of my life. But I have found myself with an unexpected arrival of a new book list. This arrival has lead me to reread and begin some of the most amazing stories I've ever enjoyed. What is this unexpected arrival??? Accio Children's Literature!

Maybe it's purely sentimental but I find myself more in love with children's lit at 23 years of age than ever before. The stories that have been weaved several books, have always been some of my favorites. The Chronicles of Narnia, Little House Books, Nancy Drew, The Tripods Series and of coures, Harry Potter. I call my oldest sister, who is now expecting her first child, to talk about Harry Potter. I find myself on Amazon planning which books I will get Baby Bromley when he/she arrives, Goodnight Moon, Corduroy, Strega Nona, Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs? One of my greatest hopes is that one of my old college roommates, Sarah, will give up poetry and write children's literature. She once wrote a short story for another roommate's elementary ed class. It was amazing. I am excited to read books I skipped over growing up or was just born to early for like Lemony Snicket's Series of Unfortunate Events.

My appreciation has grown immensely. Hopefully, this post will be the first of many on Children Literature. I'll try review some and mention more of my favorites. I guess there are somethings your never too old for...


Leave your comment