Finding a job is hard.

by ErikaElynCreations on Thursday, September 15, 2011

     I'm just ending my first year of Erika Elyn Creations.  Half of that year I was juggling school, work, and sewing.  As soon as I finished school in Tennessee I packed my bags for Pittsburgh.  I image myself down the road with a little shop in Oakland where students bustled in and out.  I never thought I could live off the money from Erika Elyn Creations in its first year or so.  The money I have/do make goes right back into it to help it grow to the point that one day I will be able to live off of it.  So in the mean time, I've been searching for a job to help me pay my bills and hoping to make a little extra to put into Erika Elyn Creations, too.  
     I started that search in February.  It's September now... still no luck.  I've got turn down from soooo many jobs and a good majority I've been over qualified for.  I was lucky enough to be able to work during school and smart enough to save some money to live off of while I search for a new job in Pittsburgh.  I got turned down today for yet another job I consider myself over-qualified for.  And Mint.com keeps sending me emails about how my account is low.  Trust me... I KNOW.  Is finding a job this hard for everyone?  I thought a college diploma was supposed to help get me a job.  Only thing it's done for me thus far is put me in debt.  I really don't like that.
     So, I've spent most of the day searching job ads.  And spending hours answering questionnaires that are made up of the same 10 questions rephrased 50 different ways.  BORING. and ANNOYING.  If I'm lucky they'll send me an email thanking me for submitting my resume.
     This is what I want to tell the recruiters I talk to...

I know you don't really care who gets this job and that your really just doing your job,
(I hope you looked over all the materials I submitted, though you probably didn't)
But I could really use this position and the cash follow associated with it.
I actually really do love working and staying busy.
Most people aren't like that, so why not hire me?
I have a degree and spent a lot for it.  I'd like to put it to some use.
I've been managing establishments, like yours, since I was in high school.
Please don't tell me there is someone more qualified then me, because there isn't.
I've done a lot in my life and I know there is still more to do.
So, hire me so a can do more.


Leave your comment