First Recipe Post! Yay!

by ErikaElynCreations on Thursday, September 22, 2011

This is my first recipe post!  The first thing you should know is that I am no cook.  I'm just a 24 year old looking for some good food.  And story begins like this...  Digging through my mother's pantry one day I found a box of Rooibos.  If you don't know what this is, it's only the best tea ever.  I once was strictly a earl grey girl, but then in college I had these two friends, they we're brothers, who would often make me Rooibos and scones.  I was hooked.  So when I found this box of tea, I just had to bake scones.


CINNAMON CHIP SCONES: 
12 Servings
25 min Prep Time
10 min Bake Time


Ingredients>
+3 1/4 cups all purpose flour
+1/3 Sugar
+3 Tablespoon Sugar
+2 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
+1/2 baking soda
+1/2 teaspoon salt
+3/4 butter
+1 cup buttermilk
+1 1/3 cup cinnamon chips
+2 tablespoon butter melted


Directions>>
+Preheat over at 425 degrees
+In a large bowl, combine flour , 1/3 cup sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.  Cube butter, and add to mixture.  (I let the butter soften a tad before adding).  Stir in buttermilk just until moist.  Then add cinnamon chip.  (I wrote 1 1/3 cups, but add as little or as much as you like).

+Knead 10-12 times on a floured surface or until no longer sticky.  Divide dough in half and roll into a 7 inch circle.  (I just pressed it into a circle with my hands because I'm lazy and didn't want to dirty a rolling pin).  Brush with melted butter and sprinkle with 3 tablespoons sugar.
+Cut circles into 6 wedges and place onto a ungreased baking sheet.  Put in oven at 425 for 10-13 minutes or until lighty brown.
There you go, Cinnamon Scones.  This was the first time making these.  What would I do differently?  Maybe divide the dough up into 3 parts and instead of two.  The scones were a bit large for me, so this would make them smaller.  But they tasted great!  I tried these with a cinnamon butter, and also an apple butter.  Even better.





P.S.  Sorry these photos are a little harsh.  I forgot to change the lighting setting on my camera!

Leave your comment